Thanksgiving was great for us this year. We spent it in Kingsport with John's family. We had lunch at his mom's house with all kinds of wonderful food and dinner at his cousins house with even more wonderful food. Blay ate his turkey (with barbeque sauce of course) early on Thursday so I could get him down for a nap before everyone arrived. Since he was still sickly, he really needed his nap.
He slept for a good while and then got to play with all his cousins...ages 7 months to 15 years old. He didn't want to leave to go to his other's cousins house. He had cousins at this house from age 27 months to 17 years old. His favorite one at this house was his cousing Blake who is Blay's age. They are actually about 2 weeks apart.
I didn't get to do much shopping on Friday. I decided against getting out with all the 'crazies' (no offense to you but I ran into several when I did get out) at 400 in the morning. Shopping could of started at midnight at Toys R Us but I decided against it.
John and I got out at 10 and I did get a couple good deals, like a present for my step mom and my cousin. My best deal was the $3.99 movie at Target. The two things I really wanted I had just missed at Target. I even missed one of them today at Walmart. What is it? A dual screen portable DVD player. I am running out of luck on them for some reason!
Saturday on the way home, John's dad and step mom wanted to take the grandkids to Black Bear Jamboree Christmas Spectacular in Gatlinburg. So on the way home, we stopped in there with them and enjoyed the show. I have already been there but not for the Christmas show. As usual, it was a great performance. And I was very surprised by Blay. I thought he would nap on the way there since the show was at 2 and we left at 1130 to go. I stopped once in Gatlinburg because he was hungry and he ate a little more at the Jamboree. What amazed me even more is that he was wonderful throughout the entire performance. The only time he cried or got fussy is when he would get in trouble for jumping or hitting his cousin. HE LOVED LOVED LOVED the Jamboree!
I am looking at taking him to see the Christmas Lights at Rock City soon. He loves the lights and trees, etc and I really think he'll enjoy it. We even partially put up his tree last night. I have to put lights on it tonight because I forgot about it last night. His face just lights up when he sees it in his room!
So precious!




No comments:
Post a Comment