I want to receive Journal update notification e-mails.
I have debated all morning long to update Morgan's journal; however, I know that our only hope right now is prayer and the good Lord above. We need all of you right now more than ever, and I am asking for you to pray without ceasing. Last night, we were in Morgan's room sitting beside her as always. Yesterday, as the doctors put it Morgan was being a little firecracker. She was laughing at the sedation. Around three in the afternoon, they had decided to place her on her tummy to help redistribute some of the fluid on her lungs. She seemed to be doing really well with "tummy time." One minute everything was stable and within a second her heart rate went from 117 to 0. Her heart literally stopped beating. Morgan was in cardiac arrest. The nurse, Payton and I were all screaming for help. Morgan was quickly flipped on her back and CPR was started. I have been praying for a miracle, and I guess God was listening because it just so happened that the cardiac surgeon was in Morgan's pod and quickly raced in to put her on the heart lung bypass machine. Many times, the surgeons have to be called in from their homes. Praise God that Dr. Bichell was here. A total of 35 minutes passed before Morgan was officially hooked up to ECMO (the heart lung bypass machine); however, she was getting good chest compressions the entire time, and a head ultrasound this morning is not showing any brain damage. Morgan will probably stay on ECMO until a new heart comes. There is no way to tell how long she can last on this machine. They were able to restart her heart, and it is now beating on its own. However, the machine is doing all the work of her heart.
Last night was the most difficult thing I have ever experienced in my life. My heart goes out to anyone that has ever had a common experience. Miracles do happen, and I am praying for a miracle. The doctors have done everything possible, and we know that there is only one man that can save Morgan. Lord, we come to you with heavy hearts knowing that You and only You have the power to heal Morgan. We ask that You show the world that miracles do happen, and You are in control. The Lord is hearing all our prayers, and I have complete faith that He has something wonderful in store for all of us to witness. For those of you that do not know our Lord and Savior, know that He loves you no matter what you have done in your life. He and only He can heal all the pain and can forgive you. I guess in the back of my mind I think that Morgan is in some way helping to bring just one lamb into the flock. If you are that person, I ask that you give your life over to our Lord and Savior. I am praying for you whomever you are. Just know that you are needed in God's Army to help fight for my baby's life. This is not at all what I expected from this post, but I am speaking from my heart. God needs someone out there to hear this and know that they are not alone.
We love each and every one of you, and we are begging that you pray for Morgan as if she was your own. Be strong in your faith, and know that God is listening. Love and hugs.





No comments:
Post a Comment