John and I have always bought a real tree, which is something new that was started for me when we got married. I never had a real tree growing up so this was a whole new experience for me and I love it. In fact, our first Christmas together as a married couple we went and cut down our own tree. That was soo much fun.
This year though, our traditions are changing some and I am ever excited. It is amazing at how children can brighten your holidays, and even more Christmas.
This year, we are staying home for Christmas. Blay is so 'in to' Christmas this year. It is amazing. I have already had to put up the tree in his room. There are not any lights, just a few ornaments and a baseball topper. I am going to attempt tonight to put colored lights on his tree. I am sure they won't look how I would want them too because I know he will be helping me.
Also this year, we are going to get another real tree. Where we buy it at this year I am not sure but we are going to take Blay with us this year and let him help us pick it out and decorate it. This year too, I think I'll be able to put ornaments on the entire tree, instead of just the top half. You can see the below picture from last year to know what I am talking about.

Another thing we are going to start with Blay and I hope to keep it a tradition is reading the real Christmas Story. The story of the birth of our Savior. We have already taught Blay that Jesus's birthday is coming up and he will sing 'Happy Birthday' to him. It is soo sweet and precious to see Christmas through the eyes of a two year old. I am so excited to see what else is instore for our first Christmas at home and the start of our very own Christmas Traditions.






2 comments:
The tree in his room sounds adorable. My kids would totally love to have that, so not happening though, lol.
I think it's just wonderful that you're little man can have his very own tree!! Maybe he can pick out an ornament for his own tree every year that he can take with him when he's all grown up!!
Happy Holidays!!
Post a Comment