Friday, November 20, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Pets




This week's topic for Show Us Your Life is our pets. So please allow me to introduce you to the two furry members of the Duncan family.



Meet Kai. Kai is a full blooded black lab who is 8 years old. She will be 9 years old in January. The above picture was taken at Harrison Bay State Park where John would take her to work. Work? Yes, retrieve her bumpers and ducks from the water. These are things she learned in her dog training soon after John got her.

I met Kai a little over 7 years ago and she melted my heart because she is such a fun loving, excited, hyper, playful dog. She can also be protective of me. I remember when I was pregnant she guarded me like crazy. She would not eve like for our deceased cat T to be on my belly or any where near it! She is protective of Blay now too!

I was worried about how she would react to him when he came. At first, she was a little jealous. She tends to be that way if you don't give her the attention she thinks she deserves. But, she quickly warmed up to him and tries to play with him. The only problem is that she doesn't quite understand how strong she is when she tries playing with even me. Overall though, she is just a big baby girl who loves time and attention, not to mention her belly being scratched.

And then, there's Chloe.



John surprised Blay and myself at the end of July with this pretty girl! He did this because while we were gone out of town over the Fourth of July Holiday, T, our outdoor orange tabby cat disappeared. Her name was 'Lucy' but John didn't care for it so after a day or throwing out names, we decided on the name Chloe for her. She was 6 months old when John brough her home. John found her for us on Craigslist. After we got her, we had her declawed because John deemed her as our inside cat. Now, I think he regrets that decision!

She is a very friendly, fun-loving, and very playful kitten. She is also very good with Blay, although, she doesn't like it when he decides he wants to pull her tail as he's dragging her through the house. She does like to playfully scratch and bite but she has never intentionally just bit you. 'She's only a kitten' is a phrase I have to repeat a lot with her, especially to John. She tends to get on his nerves about once a day.

We've are/had to try to teach Blay to be nice to the kitty. We are trying to teach him not to pull her tail or hit him because she will just bite him right back because he's being mean to her. She sleeps with us at night and follows me around the house in the mornings. She's a momma's girl. Probably because I am the only one who actually loves on her daily and don't mind her being around. I think John now regrets his decision of an indoor only cat. I hope to keep her around for a while because she is a very sweet cat, when she wants to be. It's just the kitten phase they have to get out of right???

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers