Monday, December 14, 2009

Sleepy head

Yesterday was a pretty good day! We woke up to a drizzly day and it really never did more than that. In fact, I could walk into church without and umbrella and not worry about my hair that day. It was just one of those types of days that made you not want to do anything! And Blay did just that, nothing, but sleep.

After church, we went to WalMart because I had to get a few things for our menu meals this week, and a few other things we were out of. After church, we got home and I was hoping to get Blay to eat. He ate two strawberry Toaster Strudels for breakfast and didn't leave so much as a crumb afterwards. I still thought he'd be hungry but he was just sleepy, so I put him down in our bed and he was asleep right around 1 o'clock.

During this time, John painted his bathroom, I worked on laundry, ironed, read some of the paper, worked on my flowers and plants, swept the floors, tried to fix my shark mop, made and ate dinner, and started painting the trim in Blay's bathroom. When I got to the corner, I wanted to go check in on Blay because it was getting late. You ready for this. It was 5:50!!! And he still wasn't up. When John and I went into the bedroom, he peeked his eyes at us. He was awake then. And he was HUNGRY!!!

He ate 8 1/2 chicken nuggets! He wanted nothing else but his beloved BBQ sauce to go with it! After that, he was in a good and playful mood. We watched cars and played and watched daddy 'color the walls' as Blay says.

A little later on, John got some cake and ice cream. Blay was watching tv when John came into the living room with his bowl. As soon as Blay saw him, he said "I'll be right back". Then I heard him say something about his B's, so I thought that is what he was going to get. Then I heard him in a drawer and the drawer shut. As he came running back to the living room, he was carrying his spoon. He had went to the kitchen to get it! I was cracking up before John even knew waht was going on. Blay rounded the chair and climbed up on the couch next to his daddy and started eating the cake and ice cream with him. It was the funniest and yet, sweetest thing ever! He has never done that. Where has all the time with my baby gone???

Blay was back in the bed at 9:30 last night. That is about an hour after his bedtime but he still had so much energy and had slept so long that I let him stay up longer so he wouldn't wake up at 3 am ready to play!

I think a lot of his tiredness came from a busy week and a busy Saturday night. Tracy and Richard took Blay out to dinner, and a tour of Downtown Chattanooga, with the Chattanooga Choo-Choo as the main stop! He loved the Choo-Choo and all the lights and decorations. They were supposed to go to Rock City but the weather turned rainy so they just altered the plans a little bit. Blay had a blast and was exhausted when we picked him up after the Christmas party.

Well, I think I have rambled enough for now. I do plan on posting my weekly menu. It will either be today or tomorrow. And thanks to Mandy for her referral to a delicous Cheddar Potato Soup recipe!

1 comment:

Jill...Dale, Addie & Lilah said...

WOW...you must have one growing boy on your hands!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers