The week wrap up now. On Monday, we had a normal day of our normal routines. Nothing really exciting to report. Same on Tuesday. Tuesday I did venture into a new method of cooking and am so happy I did. It's a way of being able to get more fruits and vegatables into everyday food. All of us need to eat more fruits and vegetables so what is better than pureeing some and adding them to taco meat!!!
I did just that. Tuesdays menu food was Pork & Beans but I didn't get to make Tacos on Sunday so I made them on Tuesday since the meat was already thawed out. In the taco meat though, I pureed some butternut squash and added it in with the meat, crushed tomatoes and taco seasoning. It was a hit. Blay even ate a taco! Thanks to Deceptively Delicious cookbook for this and many other great ideas I am soon to try!
Later on Tuesday night, it started doing some storming, which is unusual in winter. we got up as usual on Wednesday and had just gotten off the mountain when we heard that Hamilton County schools were closed due to 'debris in the roadways'. I immediately called the daycare and they were closed since the county schools were closed. So, John turned around and brought us home. He had an important meeting he couldn't miss so Blay and I had a mommy/son day. We had one of these recently but he was sick. This was without sickness and was much better! We boh had fun.
Later on that afternoon, before church, we went out. I had to go get some medicine, diapers,and pick up a few site-to-store presents at WalMart. Blay was really excited to be at Toys R Us with me. We usually don't take him in there for the obvious reasons. He was really good though. He only wanted one little cheap toy but I told him to wait until we got to WalMart. While waiting to check out with the diapers, he saw Scoop from Bob the Builder and Bob the Builder at the front of the store. He got really excited. Here are a couple pictures of him riding Scoop.

He had so much fun! I let hi ride it twice but it was all he talked about for the next couple of days. At WalMart, we picked up the Christmas Cards, and Site-to-Store presents and a few things for John and the last of Blays. I love being able to buy his Christmas and he not know it is his Christmas. I'd say this is my last year of that. Afterwards, we had dinner and went to church. There was still a lot of water on the roads that night, which turned into black ice the next morning because the temps dropped into the 20's up on the mountain and around freezing in the valley.
Thursday and Friday were our typical, usual routine type days. Nothing much ado there. I am going to attempt to have Blay make one of the grandparents presents today after his nap, which is quickly approaching. Afterwards, we'll get ready and he'll go for a visit to 'Ichards & Tray-tray's' while John and I go to our Sunday School Christmas Party. I think we are all looking forward to the fun times tonight! Blay loves going to Richard & Tracy's and they love having him!
Well, I need to run so I can get him settled for nap and so I can get a few things done myself. I've been working on his clothes this morning and trying to get the little thing to use the bathroom. He's having some trouble again but we'll get him straightened out. We always do!
Lots of Love,
Christy




No comments:
Post a Comment