Monday, December 21, 2009

Favorite Christmas Tradition -- Blog Hop

I will admit, I am scared to death!! I am hosting my first ever family Christmas this year. I have the house decorated the best I can with what I have. I hope this begins a tradition but it may move back to my parents house next year, since they will be finished building by then. I will definitely have to buy more things after Christmas (on sale of course) but want your opinion on the easy centerpiece I did over the weekend. Good, bad, ugly? To formal? Not the right colors? But, I am still not sure what to do on the other table. I don't have much time but thought I would at least show it to you and let you all help me....PLEASE!!!

Centerpiece



Should the placemats go?



What to do?



In addition to trying to get the house clean and ready for Wednesday night, I have also got to finish Christmas shopping,food preparation, and baking, baking, baking!!! I am going to try and bake some white chocolate covered pretzels and mini peanut butter ritz sandwiches, decorated sugar cookies, puppy chow, and peanut butter fudge. I want to try to get in Rice Krispie Treats but don't know if I'll have the time. These goodies are for Wednesday night and for Blay's teachers at school. Just a small thank you for taking care of Blay. Blay and I also have to finish making the gifts for the grandparents and by Wednesday night!!! There is not enough time to do this!!!

On another note, we are starting our own family traditions this year. We have always traveled during Christmas to see my husbands family on Christmas but starting this year, we are staying home on Christmas Eve for Blay. We will let him open one present (The Night Before Christmas Book this year) and will read the book. Getting him this present this year will set up our Christmas Eve's for a long time. Next year he will get to open a gift on Christmas Eve, then we will ready the book he got this year.

On Christmas Day, Santa has come!! After opening presents from Santa, John or I will read the Greatest Story Ever told. Afterwards, I will make us breakfast and we will hit the road to see the in-laws for a couple days. Visiting the in-laws will vary from year to year depending on when Christmas falls but staying home on Christmas will not! I am so excited and can not wait.

Oh, and to a new replacement over the weekend! I finally got a new comforter set for our bedroom! I got the bedding set at Bed Bath & Beyond 50% off!!!



It was on clearance at 30% and I had a 20% that applied to it as well. I found the matching brown pillows at TJ Maxx at $7 each and the white pillow at JCP for $10!! It was originally $40, was on sale at 50% off and I had a coupon for $10 off of $10! I don't think I have done too bad, especially on the decorative pillows. Those 3 cost me less than 1 at Bed Bath and Beyond. I am still in search for some coordinating curtains but will find them eventually.

Off to work, shopping, dinner, baking, and making!!!




MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

Holly said...

The centerpiece needs something more IMO. Perhaps you could get a small wreath and set your centerpiece in it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers