Friday, April 24, 2009

Feeling better

Finally, a beautiful day outside and a day that Blay and I could both enjoy!!! After waking up sick (vomiting) on Monday, and then again during lunch at Mom's Day Out on Tuesday, I ended up taking him to the doctor on Wednesday. When he woke up Wednesday, his left eye was pink and swollen. He still had a nasty runny nose too.

I let him eat breakfast and then off we rushed to the early morning clinic at his Peds office. The diagnosis: Pink Eye and Severe Sinus Infection. The doctor couldn't believe the junk that was draining down his throat. She said that was the probable cause of his vomiting earlier in the week. That is hat I had suspected as well but I'm glad she confirmed it.

After getting his meds, I got to try to give him eye drops and distasteful medicine. He tolerated it good the first couple times but not any more. he won't come give his daddy or me a hug now because he thinks we are going hold him down to give him eye drops or his antibiotic. He also couldn't go outside for a couple days.

I was going to let him spend about an hour outside yesterday but I got up yesterday as sick as a dog. I think I had a 24 hour bug. Once my fever broke last night, I felt much better this morning. Neither Blay or I can still eat very well but we're working on it. Blay has been eating a good breakfast since Wednesday but not much else during the day, just a little here and there.

We went outside on the porch for a while after his nap and he seemed to tolerate it well so we let him go outside and run around. He enjoyed the neighbors trampoline and his toys as well. He was soo happy to be running around outside instead of being stuck in the house with another sick person. Pray John doesn't get it and that we all stay well!!!

1 comment:

Jill...Dale, Addie & Lilah said...

I'm so sorry you guys have so much illness in your house! Hope everyone gets well and stays well soon!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers