Saturday, August 16, 2008

Past to Present

Saturday, August 16th

Well, today was the BIG day! The 1st Birthday Party for Blay. The party was successful thanks to all of our friends and family. A special thanks to Stef, Heather, and Deb for helping me clean up, set up, and everything else you did to help with the day. I couldn't of done it without you!

So, we ended up with right at or more than 40 guests. It was held at the Riverpark in Chattanooga by the playground. We had sub sandwiches (people made themselves) with all the sides, drinks, cakes, and ice cream! Of course, Blay had his own little cake. Here you can see a picture and a video of him enjoying it!

Cousin's Ashton and Elijah went fishing during the party and caught a fish. Blay held the little guy for a few seconds before he tried to put it in his mouth! Momma stopped that one!


Blay finally went to sleep this afternoon around 430. He came home wired from all the chocolate cake and icing. He was tired when we were leaving but got his second wind when he came home. He played with some of his new toys and got a sponge bath from his Nanaw to help him wind down for bed. He's sleeping peacefully and hopefully for a while.

I can't believe it's all over and done with. My, how fast the first year has gone by!

Friday, August 15th

So, today, at 4:01 to be exact, Blay turns ONE year old!!! I can't believe the year has come and gone already. It seems like yesterday I was still pregnant and bringing him home from the hospital. We've had our ups and downs (there's a lot more to this parenting thing than I thought) and changes in all our lives since he arrived. I never knew I could love someone so much and a different love than what I love John with. Here's some more pictures from the past...










Blay also went to the doctor today for his 1 year check up. I know, I know, on his birthday? I mean, what kind of mom am I? He got his meningitis booster and his first shot in the Hep A series. He also got a finger prick for his iron check. While he cried out on the shots, he didn't shed a tear. He didn't do either on the finger prick. He just looked at the nurse like 'what are you doing'? He was a big boy!

Blay weighed 20.5 lbs, was 28 1/2 inches, and a head measurement of 18 1/2. He's still in the 15th percentile on weight and height but growing at a good an normal pace.

1 comment:

Jill...Dale, Addie & Lilah said...

I wish we could have been there!

Love, Jill

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers