Friday, February 5, 2010

Isn't it Horrible...

At how bad I have become at blogging more regularly even after I said I was going to do it as part of my New Year's 'improvement'? Great for friends and family who want to see what's going on huh? Ok, I will promise to do better, or at least try. We are just so busy at the moment.

Busy with what? Well, currently, it's stripping wallpaper. Since Blay was gone for a week (yes, a week, so sad) we decided we would finish stripping the rest of the wallpaper in the two rooms left. The guest hallway and bathroom. Boy, I hate doing this but I hated the wallpaper more so guess what I wanted done. We are almost through stripping the wallpaper. We are down to just some backing in the bathroom where the mirror and toilet was. That's it. Note to those who are even thinking about wallpaper, STAY AWAY FROM THE VINYL!!!

Also, this week, while Blay was away, my confused yet faithful husband went to the store with me. This wasn't our 'usual' Walmart trip. This was part of my 'restocking' trips to both Bi-Lo and Publix. I say 'confused' with hubby because he didn't quite understand (and not sure if he does yet) how I can use 2 coupons on three items when they are already BOGO. For example, Rotel at Publix was BOGO for $1.29. I had a 'Buy 2 get 1 free" coupon and then Publix had .70c off the purchase of 2. I used both coupons on the 3 cans. He just didn't understand that since I got 2 of the 3 for free. I can't say that I 'understand' it but I know how the couponing game works so I'm going for it all.

Also, while Blay was gone, we returned home from out trip to Gatlingburg to no power. The power had been out since about 4 am on Saturday morning and at 5 pm, there still wasn't any. We lite candles and turned on the fire. Thank goodness we have pure gas logs! We drug our mattress to the living room and went to bed at 8 pm! Yes, 8 pm in front of the fire. What else could we do. I was tired and had already been reading, it was early bedtime for me! We woke up Sunday morning and still did not have power. Church services were cancelled because our parking lot is so bad when the weather is snow and ice. We couldn't do anything and hubby dear just won't 'be still' for anything. We packed the computer, internet, coupons, and book and set off for McDonalds. We had already ate breakfast but had not had our daily java so we settled in at McD's for a couple hours and did just that. It was fun and relaxing.

While we were eating lunch, our power came on!!! I was so excited when I got home. I could actually see do clean up and that is when we started de-wallpapering. Now comes the fun part of the walls and the part I hate the most, so I don't do it. Spackling and sanding. I have the worst part of it though, the cleaning up of sheet rock sanding!!! One thing I won't be doing this weekend is cleaning my floors because that stuff just gets everywhere.

Well, I guess I should get back to work. Gotta save these people some money!

Love to all,



Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard2_1.php?sid=54488-69-74F1AC53211D521EE5D4CD9B3E60976C#ixzz0egkchCFu

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers