Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting Prepared

There are so many different reports for snow over the weekend I don't even know who to believe. Where I am currently sitting, they are calling for 8+ inches. The Weather Channel is calling for 1-3 inches in the higher elevations and 1 inch or less in the valleys, like Chattanooga. I suspect our home on top of Flat Top will have 1 or more because we tend to get more than others in town. It was snowing on us Monday coming home from work on the mountain.

I am moving from my current location to another location tomorrow about an hour south. Winterfest is going on and we will be hanging out with some really great people from church. It's our annual Young Married Couples Class Retreat. Being in the Smokies, I'm sure we'll see more accumulation there than Chattanooga will see. We will be without child, so, I have prepared him and myself for a possible snow storm!!! He's got his snow bib and matching jacket set with toboggan and gloves just in case. I have my down coat and boots. I doubt it will do much but there's nothing wrong with being prepared right?

Next order of business is a new site I found thanks to my dear and missed friend,and fellow blogger Mandy. She turned me on to a website called Mom Central. It's great for meeting different women with your same interests like age of children or number of children or eve frugality, like me. It is similar to Blissfully Domestic Living but Mom Central is a place where you can receive free products and comment about them on your blog, Twitter etc. You can also take surveys and just meet fellow bloggers, etc. I can't wait to delve into it some more.

Mandy gave me another website to check out but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. When I do I will let you know. I'm sure it will be just as fun and interesting as Mom Central and Domestic Living.

On another thought, when I got off work today, I went downstairs to the little thrift store. I've been in there before and they have some pretty good clothing at decent prices. Well, the prices this time were cheaper, I mean lower than the last time. With the very little time I had to look before my men picked me up, I found a super cute black dress I could wear to church and work for only $4.50!!! I will definitely be back in there on Monday morning when they open for sure to try it on and to see what other super deals they have! Talk about being Frugal!!! I love it!!!

Well, I need to run for now and start preparing my little one for bed. He's later than usual but with special reason, he's waiting on his Pops to get in from teaching!!! And, forgot to mention, he was almost perfect on the way to our current location! I'm knocking on wood (and constantly praying) for the same on the ride home Sunday!

Love to you all!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers