Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Decor

Decorating is something I am not good at, at all! I don't know if it is because I just don't have a niche for it or if I just have a mix of styles that I like. Since we have moved, I have bought very little to help decorate our house. The only room that is complete is the laundry room. All the other rooms, not so much.

I am on the hunt now for valances for the kitchen, a large cafe style print for the dining, pictures for our bedroom and bathroom, and much, much more. I look when I am out and about but just don't seem to find the 'perfect' piece of what I am looking for. Maybe this is where my 'no sense' of decorating comes in.

I have a wide variety of likes when it comes to decorating. I like modern, contemporary, and country. My husband doesn't really have a preference to a certain style but he really doesn't like the modern look. I have pretty much stayed in the contemporary look with this house and would like to stay that way, all but one room that is. Our guest room is going to be my antique room. There are already things in there that fit that bill. I just need to get the appropriate bedding and wall color and window treatments to go with to make that room complete.

My style in the kitchen and that will be carried over to the dining room is 'cafe' type. I have some great pictures hanging in my kitchen with some minature coffee plates hanging with them. I am looking for the perfect picture in the dining room showing a beautiful outdoor cafe setting with the little tables and chairs. I did come by one of these a few months ago, but my frugal mind would not allow me to make the purchase? Why, because it was $100 and I just couldn't picture myself spending that much on a picture!! Now, I am in deep regret because I have not seen one I love, frame and all. I plan on pulling the colors from the 'main' picture I purchase but sense finding one isn't looking so good, I just don't see that happening right now.

Another reason for the push on decorating, hubby dear has stated that he is not working on the inside of the house during the summer. He and I have spent so much time working on the inside we've neglected a lot of the outside. When we moved in, the blooming time for many of the plants had come and gone so we do not know what we do and do not have in our landscaping. We also have to get it 'in-shape'. It was very much neglected before we moved in.

So, if you haven't noticed, I have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, sunroom, foyer, and dining room to completely finish decorating. I have created a timeline for doing all of these rooms but if I don't find the needed pieces to do this, I will be in trouble, mainly with hubby dear. He's getting inpatient with me. Imagine that!!!! I can't wait for my dad and step mom to finish building their house so I can steal her back for shopping since she has an incredible sense of decorating.

Did I miss a gene somewhere?

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Our little BOY

My hubby and me

Linkedin

Followers