Hi, I know it's been a while but last week was just a very busy and sad week. John was out of town and Blay was going all over town to sitters so I could go to the funeral home and such. Thanks to all of you who helped! Blay had fun and I am very grateful!
Saturday we went and got our Christmas tree and a blow up Mickey holding a candycane with a present attached to his foot for Blay to put in the front yard. Lowe's had him 50% off so we got him for $30. Not a bad investment and Blay likes him. We were also supposed to of been doing some Christmas shopping but that didn't happen. I bought something for my mom and that was it.
After we shopped, at ate, we went to Hamilton Place (ugh) so Blay could get his picture made with Santa. Well, once we found a spot, went in and found Santa (around 230 -300 pm), Santa was going on his Lunch break!! Big bummer. All that hussle and bussle for nothing. We are going to try again this weekend but NOT at Hamilton Place.
Sunday night was rather intersting. Blay has been playing with the ornaments on the tree since I put them on there. (Word to those with small childrens, put not breakable, inexpensive ornaments on the bottom!) Well, after church Sunday night, while I was picking up the toys in the living room, Blay got a hold of something good on the tree and it came tumbling down!!! YIKES! He was okay. He managed for it not to fall on him, partly due to me yelling his name and grabbing the tree at the last minute. Only two or three ornaments broke so I was lucky there. Just a mess to clean up. Now, the tree is crooked and there are no ornaments for him to grab on the bottom half of the tree.
Today was good and Blay was well behaved, most of the day. We went to Bayside to check out there Mom's day out program I'm going to put him in when we get home from Hawaii!! (Only 22 days away!!!) Then we went to Target and Kohl's for some Christmas shopping. I let him down at both stores in non-breakable areas to play. He lasts longer when I let him do that. He got mad at Kohl's though because I took him away from the truck he was trying to play with while still in the box.
Overall, this week and weekend have been good. And Blay behaved except for some fits and tantrums here and there! Boy, I can't wait for the terrible two's!!!




1 comment:
So glad to have you back blogging! I'm glad things will start to settle down for you now. I hope to see you guys while home for Christmas week!
Jill
Post a Comment