FRIDAY, August 29th
John came home from Pittsburg today. Blay was very excited to see him and wouldn't let his daddy put him down. Isn't it cute???

Later that same day, John had to mow the yard. So, Blay being the little tractor man that he is, was so excited that he just had to help his daddy mow the lawn. He loves doing this. Isn't this even cutier?


SATURDAY, August 30th
Not much of an eventful day but was the true 'kickoff' day to college football. We all went shopping again and did our weekly grocery stop to Wal-Mart. We also went back to Old Navy to pick up some of the $4 tank tops and headed on home. We ate steak on our new grill!!! Yummy! Then afterwards, we watched some college football!
SUNDAY, August 31st
We did our typical Sunday morning to church and Sunday School. Then, I made part of John's favorite meal: soup beans, fried cabbage, and zuchinni. We wanted squash but they didn't look good at the farmer's market. The fried potatoes are not part of our diet so we couldn't make those and of course, I had to make his cornbread. It was a great meal!!!
On the way to church, John and I meet his dad (in from Korea) and step mom on the highway. They stayed the night with us so Pops could spend sometime with Blay before heading back to Korea.
I also made a Lemon bundt cake Sunday night. Completely from scratch, it was great. Oh did I menntion, Blay wore his self out running from his Pops!!!
MONDAY, September 1st
Should I even mention it. Tennessee played today. I didn't finish the game because I was tired and though I was going to have a long day on Tuesday. I don't want to hear any slack from you non-Tennessee fans....enough said about that.
Earlier in the day all of us, including Pops and Nanaw went to my dads for a cookout. That's what the lemon cake was for. Blay got to play with his cousins all over the house. Due to the number of people, he didn't nap was was out cold before we even got off the mountain.
Blay wore himself out eating and playing and chasing the dog around the house. He and his cousin Elijah had a blast. Elijah would pick him up and Blay would lay his head down on his shoulder has Elijah carried him around. They've never played like that before so it was sweet to watch.
Later that night, we came home and watched the game. Blay had fun playing with daddy's hats. I can't get the Tennessee hat pictures off my computer but here are some of his dadday's green hat. What makes this funny is that Blay does not like anything on his head at all.


THURSDAY, September 4th
John came home today but late. Around 9 pm. Blay and I had already walked the dog, played in the yard, and ate dinner. Blay and I also had an outing to WalMart for travel supplies for both of us, including more sippy cups for Blay.
Blay leaves tomorrow for Kingsport with my inlaws while John and I leave Saturday for California. I'e been away from him before but it doesn't get any easier. I'm sad but it'll be good for the both of us.
Blay is completely off the bottle now. I took him off cold turkey on Tuesday and he has been fine. He's had about 2 or 3 'bad' spells of about 5-10 minutes wanting a bottle while refusing the sippy cup. He's doing great.
Since he's cut back on his milk, he's consuming a lot more food at his meals and bedtime snack which is great!! Maybe this will help him grow.
Well, I need to go check on him. He's been asleep for a little over 2 hours. That doesn't happen often.
PS - The answer to his favorite bedtime snack is Applesauce. Congrats to those who guessed it correctly.
Talk with you soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment